BriarPatch Food Co-op Donations
The Co-op is committed to supporting nonprofits and organizations that do good work in our community. Our Ends Policies provide the filter that helps us make the determinations as to which organizations we donate financially and in-kind:
BriarPatch Food Co-op Ends
BriarPatch Co-op exists so that owners, customers, and other members of our community have:
- A successful and vibrant cooperatively-owned business that acts as a leader among local businesses and food co-ops nationally, and contributes to environmental stewardship through its business practices.
- Access to high quality, healthy products, especially local and organic food.
- A community center where people experience a sense of connectedness, ownership and fellowship.
- A stronger local food system.
- A major employer that provides a healthy, fair, and considerate workplace for employees.
- Access to education about food and consumer issues that encourages customers to make healthier food choices.
Organizations that share mutual goals with our Co-op are welcome to apply for donations or CAUSEs throughout the year. Please submit this DONATION REQUEST FORM at least 30 days in advance of your event.
We also support community organizations by participating in a variety of outreach events to share information about the Co-op’s products, services and educational programs. If your organization would like the Co-op to participate by tabling at our event, please fill out THIS FORM. Please submit the event tabling request form at least 30 days in advance of your event.
In order for us to consider a donation or outreach request, the recipient organization must adhere to our guidelines. Please review these guidelines prior to submitting your request.
A recipient must be one or more of the following:
- A cooperative
- A nonprofit organization
- A charitable organization
- An elementary, middle or high school
A request from an organization that does not meet the criteria for receipt of a donation shall be referred to management for consideration.
- Requests must be made formally using the donation application.
- Only one donation per year will be made to any given organization. Please plan appropriately and decide when it is best to request a donation from BPFC.
- Your organization must be located within Nevada County, and the efforts of your organization must focus on our local community.
- All applications are reviewed equitably and are not based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Requests from the following organizations will be considered by BPFC
- Organizations defined as nonprofit under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Public agencies
- Events, programs, and projects that focus on improving the quality of life of our community, particularly as it relates to health, nutrition, education, environmental preservation and lifting marginalized populations
- Requests from the following organizations will not be considered by BPFC:
- Political or faith-based groups
- Service clubs or fraternal organizations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Private clubs funded through membership fees
- Sporting events or sports teams
- Individuals/Sponsorship of individual
- Organizations that permit the exclusion of a group based on their race/ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or lifestyle.
- Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support.
BPFC will make its commitment to sharing its prosperity with the community known in order to both inform its member-owners of its performance in that area and to encourage similar sharing by other businesses and organizations. BPFC encourages donations recipients to provide favorable mention of BPFC’s support of their causes.
We appreciate the opportunity
to support your events!