Pick up a Volunteer Application at the Customer Service Window. Questions? Contact Outreach Manager, Hilary Dart, at 272-5333 ext. 134.
Owner Volunteer Opportunities
BriarPatch Outreach Programs
- Special Events: Owner Meeting, community events, etc.
- In-Store Outreach: Offer samples and teach shoppers about products
- Co-op Governance: Board of Directors, elected each May.
Community Capacity Building Organization Partners
Under this program, when other volunteer opportunities are filled, BriarPatch Owner Volunteers may earn a discount at BriarPatch by doing volunteer work at affiliated nonprofit organizations. Just as with our other volunteer “jobs,” these volunteer hours will earn a 10% discount for working six hours per month (3 hours for seniors) per each adult in the household.
Following a model established by La Montanita Co-op in New Mexico, the new program is another way for BriarPatch to embody the seventh International Cooperative Principle, “Concern for the Community.”
The following groups have agreed to work with BriarPatch Owner Volunteers:
- 211 Nevada County
- Bear Yuba Land Trust
- Interfaith Food Ministry
- SYRCL (South Yuba River Citizens League)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hospitality House
- Gleaners of Nevada County
- NCTV – Nevada County Digital Media Center & Nevada County Television
- Sierra Harvest
- Partners in English Language Learning
- Sierra Streams Institute
- Center for Non Profit Leadership
- The Friendship Club
- Women of Worth
- The Food Bank of Nevada County
- Saddle Pals – Therapeutic Horsemanship Program
- Gold Country Gleaners
- Music in the Mountains
- Sierra Roots
- Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release
- Sammie’s Friends
- Sierra Roots
BriarPatch will enlist new organizations as the program warrants.
Important note: In order to receive Owner Volunteer credit at BriarPatch, volunteers must be new to the nonprofit organization (i.e., must not have previously volunteered there), and must be referred in advance by BriarPatch staff. Please do not contact the groups until you have enrolled with BriarPatch Outreach Manager Hilary Dart.
Volunteers constructed the shade pavilion near the back parking lot.
Photo by Tony Finnerty