Owners make the difference
2018 will be another exciting year of growth for our Co-op, and we depend on a strong and diverse Board.
In the 2018 Election, three seats will be open for Owners to elect Board Directors.
Owners who want to vote must be either fully paid or current on membership payments by 5pm on Friday, March 16, 2018.
– Owners who want to make sure they receive all notifications from the Co-op are encouraged to update your contact information as soon as possible. There are a few ways to update your contact information:
1. Email new information to email@example.com
2. Submit YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS on our update page
3. Fill in and submit the form at the bottom of this page
– Notice of Election, including names of candidates running for election, will be mailed and emailed on March 26, 2018.
– Login information for online voting will be mailed and emailed to voters in late April.
ONLINE ELECTION IS MAY 1 – MAY 15, 2018
Our elections are managed by our third party, secure voting service, Simply Voting. Simply Voting manages the online election and independently verifies the results.
According to our Bylaws, each Owner household is entitled to one vote by the primary Owner of Record.
Last year, 704 Owners voted (9.4% of eligible voters), which was a 48% increase over the 2016 turnout (475 votes). We expect another large increase in Owner involvement this year!
PLEASE SUBMIT or UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW
Many thanks to the BriarPatch Elections Team, the Board of Directors, and all the BriarPatch staff who work so hard to make every election enjoyable, successful, and professional!