Satisfy your sweet tooth with this quick and easy combo of pantry basics. Sweet and salty, topped with chocolate and nuts…great to share with friends and family!
- 35 – 50 crackers: saltines, “club house,” or gluten-free (Glutino) table crackers (Ritz-like crackers ok as well!)
- 1 cup butter (or Earth Balance if vegan)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, any variety
- Line jelly-roll pan with foil, grease foil with butter. Line pan with crackers and preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over crackers, spreading evenly over all crackers. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Spread chocolate chips over crackers and let sit so chips melt. Spread melted chips with a knife, then sprinkle nuts on top.
- Let cool in fridge, so chocolate can set. Break into pieces or cut with a knife.