Recipe yields 12 servings
2 bars of Endangered Species Chocolate Bold + Silky
5 cups rice crisp cereal
1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup agave
2 Tablespoon plant-based butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup crushed salted peanuts
- Line an 8″ square pan with parchment paper
- Put rice crisp cereal in a large mixing bowl
- Melt butter in pan over low heat. Add agave and peanut butter to the pan and
stir together until combined.
- Let this mixture cook on low for a 3 – 4 minutes, stirring frequently. It should
start to thicken slightly but should still be a liquid when you take it off the heat.
Add vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the rice crisp cereal. Stir to combine. Pour
mixture into parchment-lined pan. Press mixture down firmly to be sure it all
sticks together. I like using the bottom of a glass of this, but you can also use
- Let set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Chop roasted and salted peanuts. Set aside.
- Fine chop 2 bars of chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 20-second increments. Stir well between each increment.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the rice crispy treats. Spread out evenly.
Sprinkle chopped nuts on top right away while chocolate is liquid.
- Let set in fridge. Once chocolate is firm cut into 12 squares and serve.