Want to make a difference in your community and get an awesome discount at your co-op too? You’ve come to the right place!
BriarPatch Food Co-op is proud to introduce PatchWorks, an all-new pilot volunteer program due to launch in January 2020.
PatchWorks serves to create positive, meaningful and lasting impact on our community through participation and cooperation between BriarPatch Food Co-op, its owners and select nonprofit organizations.
How it Works
– Households, regardless of number of members or age, who volunteer for six (6) or more hours per month at an approved PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor organization will receive a coupon for 15% off one shopping trip the following month
– Households who volunteer for twelve (12) or more hours per month at an approved PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor organization will receive one additional coupon, for a maximum of two discounted shopping trips per month
– Households must maintain active and up-to-date ownership with BriarPatch Food Co-op to be eligible
– Volunteer hours must be performed at an approved PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor organization (full list below)
– To sign up, download and fill out the PatchWorks Volunteer Packet and submit the completed application to Jason Patton, Community Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Call Jason at (530) 272-CO-OP (2667) X 145.
Choose a PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor
Interfaith Food Ministry
SYRCL – South Yuba River Citizens League
Community Engagement Manager
(530) 265-5961 x201
The Friendship Club
Community Engagement Manager
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A. PatchWorks was created with the intention of creating a new program that creatively encourages active, sustained volunteerism with nonprofit organizations who closely align with our Ends Policies and the 7th Cooperative Principle, Concern for Community.
A. The new 15% discount on a one-time shopping trip is the highest discount BriarPatch offers, on par with what the Co-op’s Board of Directors and staff receive.
A. No. PatchWorks exists to create active, sustained volunteerism for our Nonprofit Neighbors. Volunteers are not required to work the six hours a month, but they do need to remain active consistently throughout the year.
A. Our PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbors are trained on a professional volunteer management software and will log your hours each time you work a volunteer shift. BriarPatch staff will process hours and issue the discount coupons on the 1st of the following month.
A. To earn the one-time discounted shopping trip, PatchWorks Volunteers must volunteer at a qualified PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbor organization. PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbors are selected because they closely align with BriarPatch’s Ends Policies and the 7th Cooperative Principle, Concern for Community.
A. Yes! As long as the nonprofits you volunteer for are approved PatchWorks Nonprofit Neighbors, you can spread your hours out across multiple organizations.
A. BriarPatch Food Co-op invites a small number of nonprofit organizations to participate in the PatchWorks volunteer program as a qualified Nonprofit Neighbor. If you are interested in receiving an application for consideration of future participation, please contact Jason Patton, Community Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com
A. Please call the registration line at (530) 272-CO-OP (2667) x145 to request a physical application.
A. In order for the Customer Service Desk to concentrate on the many needs of Co-op shoppers, we respectfully request you call Jason Patton, Community Engagement Coordinator, at (530) 272-CO-OP (2667) x145 or find a PDF version of the Volunteer application on our website. Interested Nonprofit Neighbors may contact Jason directly.