The fresh herbs in the Warm Herbed Vinaigrette are a great addition to this vegan holiday favorite.
- 1 Celebration Roast
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- A few pinches of salt
Warm Herbed Vinaigrette
Makes about ½ cup
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Optional: Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook the Celebration Roast according to the package. Preheat oven to 350*.
- Toss peeled onion in some of the olive oil. Add a little salt and place on sheet pan. Roast onion until browned or slightly blackened, stirring occasionally so cooks evenly.
- To make vinaigrette, in a 1-quart saucepan, heat oil and cook shallot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in lemon juice, parsley, rosemary and pepper flakes (if using).
- Cut Celebration Roast into ½ inch slices. Place the slices on a platter, interspersed with the roasted onion. Drizzle on Warm Herbed Vinaigrette and serve.