It’s time to vote in the BriarPatch Food Co-op Board of Directors Election!
Our Board makes important strategic decisions for our Co-op on your behalf, so it’s important to vote. This year, you’ll be voting for three open Directors’ seats.
The election will close on Monday, May 17, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
To vote now, click on the link below to go directly to your online ballot.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
This year, the Co-op will donate $2 for every vote cast to Bear Yuba Land Trust’s Litton Trail Fund. Vote for democracy and make our trails beautiful!
The security of the election is ensured by the independent third-party election provider, Simply Voting, Inc.
The BriarPatch Board of Directors governs using a system called Policy Governance, under which the Board explains, through its policies, what it expects of the organization. This involves clearly stating 1) the desired outcomes, through “Ends Policies” and 2) unacceptable outcomes, identified in “Executive Limitation Policies.”
The Board delegates implementation of the policies on Ends and Executive Limitations to a General Manager. The General Manager is held accountable to these goals through a series of written reports documenting compliance. The Board also crafts policies regarding its relationship with the General Manager, and for its own governance process. For more information on the Policy Governance model visit www.carvergovernance.com.
Read the 2020 BriarPatch Annual Report!
BriarPatch Co-op’s Governing Documents
BriarPatch Co-op Ends Policies
BriarPatch Co-op exists so that owners, customers, and other members of our community have:
- A successful and vibrant cooperatively-owned business that acts as a leader among local businesses and food co-ops nationally, and contributes to environmental stewardship through its business practices.
- Access to high quality, healthy products, especially local and organic food.
- A community center where people experience a sense of connectedness, ownership and fellowship.
- A stronger local food system.
- A major employer that provides a healthy, fair, and considerate workplace for employees.
- Access to education about food and consumer issues that encourages customers to make healthier food choices.
Board Meetings are held on the last Tuesday of each month. Contact maryh[@]briarpatch.coop for more information. The upcoming meeting agenda is posted in the store at least one week prior to the meeting.
Contact the Board
To send a message to all the Directors, address an email to directors[@]board.briarpatch.coop.
Individual Directors’ email addresses are: their first name and last name initial, followed by “@board.briarpatch.coop.” (example: alanw[@]board.briarpatch.coop).
Paper letters left at the Customer Service Desk are picked up periodically.
To find out more about the Board’s standing committees, please add the following Committee names to the subject line when you email us at info[@]briarpatch.coop.
- Board Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Executive Committee
- Governance Committee