Makes 4 servings
Looking for a new take on sautéed greens? Tea to the rescue! Genmaicha tea is a nutty-tasting mixture of green tea and puffed rice, and it’s great as a seasoning. Here’s a nice recipe to help you keep that New Year’s resolution to eat more greens!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Genmaicha tea
- Pinches of salt
- Pinches of smoked paprika
- Warm oil in pan on medium heat. Add minced shallot and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add kale and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Squeeze on some lemon juice and add a splash of water, and cover and steam for about 4 minutes.
- In a separate pan, toast Genmaicha tea.
- When kale is tender to your liking, add salt and serve topped with toasted Genmaicha tea and smoked paprika to taste.