First make the Lemon Curd. You’ll need:
½ cup fresh lemon juice
Zest of two lemons
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ lb butter, cut in 8 pieces
1 ¼ cups sugar
Other ingredients you’ll need:
Berries or stone fruit
- Add all ingredients to a quart-size saucepan, leaving eggs for last so that the sugar doesn’t burn them.
- Turn on medium heat and whisk constantly until everything is combined and melted together. Switch to stirring with a wooden spoon. Heat to 170 degrees or if you don’t have a thermometer, until the mixture is thick enough that when you swipe your finger down the back of the spoon, the curd doesn’t run.
- Remove from heat and pour through a sieve into a bowl and let cool until it comes to room temperature.
- Cover and let the mixture cool in the refrigerator. It will continue to thicken.
- Layer lemon curd, whipped cream and berries or stone fruit in your favorite parfait or berry bowls. You can prepare these several hours in advance.