Makes about 2 cups
This savory herb sauce with the brightness of lemon is great on just about anything you can think of – grilled bread, steak, pasta, fish, you name it. You can also stir a little into mashed avocado or mayo for a nice dip alternative.
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- ¾ cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- ½ cup fresh chives
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- ½ tsp finely minced capers
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Pinch crushed red pepper
Place all ingredients into blender or food processor and blend on low for 30 seconds – 1 minute. You want the mixture to be a bit chunky, not smooth. Best enjoyed within one day, when everything is still fresh!