- 16 open-cup mushrooms (like crimini), even-sized and stalks cut level
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*. Lightly fry mushrooms, cap-side-down, in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange mushrooms in a 9×13 oven-proof cooking dish with stalks facing up.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except almond meal together. Spoon a little mixture onto each mushroom and lightly press a little almond meal on top.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until mushrooms get golden around the cap, or check for doneness with a small knife; the blade should come out easily when checked.