Makes 3 cups popsicle filling, enough for six-½ cup molds.
Popsicles for breakfast? Why not! Yogurt, granola and fresh fruit come together for an easy, versatile frozen fruit parfait on a stick.
- 3 cups chopped fruit: strawberries, other berries or stone fruit (or 1 cup fruit jam/preserves)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar or honey (omit if using fruit jam/preserves)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ to ½ cup milk
- 2–3 Tbsp honey
- ¾ cup granola
- Optional: pinch of ground cinnamon
- Combine berries, cinnamon (if using), and ¼ cup sugar or honey in small
saucepan and stir to combine. Let berries sit about 10 minutes.
- Bring to rapid simmer over medium-high heat, for about 10 minutes until berries are thick and jammy. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. You should have about 1 cup of jammy fruit.
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, ¼ cup milk, and 2 Tbsp honey in a medium bowl.
- Yogurt should be thick, but pourable, like regular yogurt. Add more milk as needed to get pourable consistency, and more honey to taste.
- Stir ¼ cup of yogurt mixture into granola so it’ll freeze more easily into the popsicles.
- Fill popsicle molds. Put a generous spoonful of yogurt at the bottom, then a few spoonfuls of granola and a spoonful or two of fruit. Layer ingredients until molds are filled ¼ inch from top. Use a popsicle stick or tap the molds lightly on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Insert popsicle sticks into each mold and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours. Will keep in freezer for several weeks.